Thursday, February 21, 2013

Friends are the best

I have taken the liberty to thank my friends for the fun times, moments and the love they have shown me. It is not always the easiest thing to thank them for the annoying moments, or the unkind words they have put us through. However, with a small evaluation of self, i have come to appreciate those annoying moments, because they build me as a person.
They have taught me to appreciate the things i can't change, and to embrace the ones i can. Friends are the same ones who will laugh at you and cry with you when you need them. They will give you a shoulder to lean on, and will come to your aid the moment you make an emergency call. 

How can we find such friends??

Have you tried being the best friend you would always want the other friend to be to you? Do you do things to your friend because you expect much in return? Do you hang out with them because they are cool? Do you appreciate the time they take to be with you? Do you listen to them when they talk to you? Are you honest with them enough to tell them what you appreciate and what you don't appreciate about their character and attitude? Have you tried being a good friends to your friends?
I don't mean you make them top priority in your schedules. 
I always said if i wanted my friends to treat me a certain way, I would have to start treating them how they will treat me. If i wanted their respect, i would have to respect them without judging them. 
How you relate with them, enables them to appreciate who you are.

A day does not go by that i do not laugh. Every memory that pops into my head while i am walking puts a smile on my face. It can be a guy walking really fast, which will make me think of Frida Ngalle. It can be a memory of Penguins of Madagascar, which will remind me of my twin brother. It can be a memory of Jackie Chan carton, which will remind of Christine Mukeku. Basketball, which will remind me of Allison Beyer or Richie Yule. Food and Greens, which will remind me of Maureen Kingori and Mariah Wilder. Crazy Friday nights, will remind me of G-net Munyae and Caangu. Speaking about boys and dating advice will remind me of Raija Ochola, Tun Chiqititta, Thandiwe Gumbo. Many more friends have impacted my life, and every time i think of them, my face lits up. 

Just last weekend, I had not money for food in my account, and i had forgotten to pay my electricity Bill. I told a girlfriend of the situation at home, not asking her for anything, and she gave me part of her salary. I refused the money, because i do not know how to take. I know how to give, but when it comes to receiving, i become very reluctant. She knew i am quick to help, but reluctant to receive help. She however, insisted and i took the money. 
When i arrived home that night, i found that my electricity has been turned off. That very moment, i took the money and the requested bill and ran to the nearest Uchumi supermarket to pay the bill. I came back at 8:30 p.m that night with the receipt in hand, and gave the caretaker who turned it back on. That is the moment, i thanked God for friends.
How we impact their lives, enables them to trust us that much enough to entrust us with secrets, love, rescue missions and emergency calls.
They have been there to seek advice, as well as give some. I have had the liberty to pray with them, laugh with them and have crazy fun times together. Learning to appreciate all the good moments you have had together, outlives the bad ones you once had. Don't let that one moment ruin the best moments you have had with each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment